Monday, November 28, 2016

Blog Post 8: Final Project

So my team has finally assembled. It includes Borum C., Jason S., Tri N., and myself. We have chosen to implement my original idea for the board game prototypes. I think we have decided after a few test runs that we will keep the board exactly the same, but may have to adjust a few rules in the game to make the board game a bit more decisive rather than a war of attrition towards the end.

Some thoughts came to mind:

  • Find a way to make a 2v1 fight more rewarding for the side that has 2.
  • Should we include killing opponent pieces or a more severe penalty for losing a battle? I think this would be too gamebreaking.
  • I thought maybe a 2v1 would give a roll bonus for a battle, but that means the two involved would be frozen after the battle. I felt like this would be the best way to improve the decisiveness of gameplay. People can of course choose to take it as two separate 1v1s or choose to lock down and do a 2v1. However, this may lead to destroying the harmony of having that 1 annoying piece on positive territory.
We've decided to perhaps as our final prototype, use Adobe Illustrator to create a print-out of the board and then laminate it. We can maybe put it on a foam board. For game pieces I will just go to a board game shop and purchase the necessary materials. We still have to work out some of the finer details of the rules, but we will get some play-testing done on Wednesday to hopefully finalize the board game.

Play-testing resulted in wars of attrition

No comments:

Post a Comment